COURSES & CURRICULA
Here you will find information regarding Courses we offer, How to Apply, Job Opportunities, and Who should Apply.
OUR THREE COURSES
Qualified Pedicurists qualify for a 50% discount.
We offer 3 courses in Footcare Health, namely:
1. FOOTCARE ASSISTANT (FCA)
Once-off cost of R5,000
Becoming a Footcare Assistant:
Learn how to work with clients, esp. with the elderly. Employment opportunities lie in working for Footcare Therapists or Nurses. You will manage clients, set up the Footcare Therapist's equipment in old age facilities, help clients get on the bed for treatment by the Footcare Therapist, and do other basic tasks relevant to Footcare.
2. FOOTCARE THERAPY (FCT)
Once-off Cost: R30,000
Becoming a Footcare Therapist:
You do not need to complete the above Course (Footcare Assistant) for this Course.
- Basic and advanced Safety and Treatment in Foot and Hand Care
- Each module is 7 days in length
- Theory and practical classes
- Each module has a practical and theory examination
We disjoin the three Modules that you are not forced to commit to 3 weeks full-time studies, but rather a week at a time of your choosing. Some intakes are scheduled to be the full 3-week Course for those who wish to do it in one go. This does not affect the cost of the course.
You will be required to do practical work and to keep record of your clients. 100 hours of practical work is required before you may practice as a Footcare Therapist. You make a profile of your work and submit it to the Instructor in fulfillment of Footcare Therapy. You will also write practical examinations in the presence of your Instructor.
What will you learn?
You will be taught to use your equipment. It is a contact session which forms the fundamental training for the other Modules in this Course which are the prerequisites for the Course Footcare Nursing. You receive basic equipment, though you will have to purchase further equipment by yourself.
1. Safety in Foot and Hand care
2. Effective and safe Filing and Clipping techniques
3. Doing an evaluation of the Foot
4. Knowing when to refer your client to a surgeon, podiatrist, etc.
3. FOOTCARE NURSING (FCN)
Once-off cost of R20,000
HOW TO APPLY
Matric Certificate, or/and Interview in the case that you do not have a Matric Certificate.
1. Apply to the specific Course through the Form.
2. You will be asked to complete an interview. A date and time will be arranged with you (may be over Zoom).
3. If you are selected, you may transfer the tuition fee EFT.
4. Application for bursaries are done through a different platform. The bursary application form will soon be available. Keep an eye on the Bursaries page.
Take note of the following:
If you attend the 1st Day of any Course, payments made are non-refundable.
You may change the Course date after purchase to another date as scheduled.
SOUTH AFRICAN ACCREDITATION:
The SAQA registration is in process. More information to follow.
1. Old age homes
2. Sports facilities
4. Corporate companies
5. Private home business
6. At Spa's and Health Centres
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
School leavers interested in Foot Health Care
Beauty Therapists seeking Health training
Entrepreneurs – own Business
People looking for an extra part-time/full-time Job
Our students are not only Women, but Men enjoy our course as well.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A FOOT THERAPIST:
Heart for serving people
Health orientated inclination
Good communication skills
Willingness to learn a new skill